IT- Broadcast Engineering Technician
|Position||IT- Broadcast Engineering Technician|
|Description||The IT- Broadcast Engineering Technician will work under the supervision of the Chief Engineer. The primary job responsibility will be to support IT, but basic broadcast engineering support and station maintenance will be required. Normal work hours will be Monday through, but occasional weekend and night shifts will be necessary. All Engineering staff are on call 24-7.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Local Area Network(LAN): Responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining station’s Local Area Network(LAN) environment.
• Computer: Responsible for configuring, installing, managing, maintaining, updating, and integrating the computers within station to insure compatibility and integration with enterprise standards and softwatadre applications.
• Telephone System: Responsible for maintaining, operating, documenting, and administering all aspects of telephone systems including wire and cable facilities, telephone system equipment, peripheral equipment, voice mail systems, and call accounting systems.
• Server Administration: Responsible for maintaining, administering, and monitoring network operating systems and services in a Windows Active Directory (AD) environment, including Organizational Unit awareness, and configuring printers. Responsible for managing and maintaining backups in accordance with company standards.
• Desktop Operating Systems and Applications: Be able to install and configure diverse applications including Microsoft Office 365 applications and television specific applications and provide troubleshooting and basic user support.
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP addressing scheme and ability to document and understand station’s network topology, remote access, VPN, serial communication, wireless communication, and other forms of data communication.
• Knowledge and familiarity with current OS platforms, primarily Windows, including deployment of systems via Windows Deployment Server. Able to troubleshoot and provide basic desktop support to users from multiple departments with diverse software applications.
• Knowledge of PBX analog and digital ports, telco facilities, punch downs, cross connects, and handset models and locations.
• Knowledge and familiarity with various cell phones and tablets, particularly Apple iOS devices. Be able to configure devices for email, store and app purchases, find my device, pass codes, and other relevant parameters. Understand Wi Fi and LTE connectivity. Be able to upgrade the OS on these devices.
• Willingness to learn all broadcast systems.
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively orally, in writing, and through diagrams. Previous experience working with vendor remote tech support via telephone and email is desired.
Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Able to carry moderately heavy equipment, cameras, tripods, monitors.
May be working in extreme weather conditions, heat or cold.
Light mechanical skills.
Potential exposure to high noise or unusual light levels.
Ability to work on a ladder.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings