Assist the Promotions and Programming department with activities that promote the stations, clients and events.
• Coordinates and attends client meetings with sellers and sales managers as needed to plan events and event logistics.
• Collaborates with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remotes, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish.
• Drives promotional vehicles.
• Performs basic office administrative functions
• Prepares contest rules, waivers, and release forms for on air, digital, social media and other contests.
• Supervises prize inventory and in-studio prize sheets as well as awarding of prizes at events.
• Operate audio console and our digital on-air system for local talk and sports programs.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Ability to learn operation of NexGEN digital on-air system, and Adobe Audition for audio editing.
• Monitors programming activities in conformance with FCC rules and regulations, iHeartMedia policy and applicable federal, state and local laws.
• Informs management of any anomalies or deficiencies that may warrant correction or resolution.
• Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Is an ambassador for radio station when out in public; maintains a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
• May work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and social media platforms
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
• High work standards and degree of attention to detail
• Problem solving and decision making
• Project management from start to finish; assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments and tasks
• Actively listens; clearly and effectively conveys information; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
• Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Excellent driving record
• Physical ability to stand for multiple hours and lift or move 40-pound objects
• 1-3 years’ experience in promotions and/or programming
• High school diploma; 4-year college degree preferred (emphasis in Communications and Broadcasting)
• Valid driver’s license
• Proof of insurability
Greensboro, NC: 2-B Pai Park, 27409
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.