Weekend Anchor/Multimedia Journalist
WBTW in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC is seeking a Weekend Evening News Anchor/Multimedia Journalist. The News Anchor/Reporter serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Myrtle Beach - 29588
- (2) years television anchoring,reporting or producing experience (or any combination of the three)
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
- Strong reporting skills
- Understand importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Operate newsroom computer systems
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Anchor/Reporter must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Anchor/Reporter must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.